Training and consultancy
No two training sessions are identical as they are tailored and adapted to the needs of the client. Take for example a training course on Equality and Diversity. The overview on the bottom of this page is on a one day session specifically aimed at customer services staff. A session for management would have more emphasis on legislative requirements and sessions for senior management/board may include an angle on inspection and good practice.
Other areas of training and consultancy and advice are in preparing and developing Stategy and Policy and closely related to that are training sessions or consultation, advice and guidance on Equality Analysis, with access to toolkits and forms successfully used by SETC.
Click on the disability page for details of disability equality training and services we offer on access audits and access statements.
SETC can also advise on areas such as employee and customer profiling, effective collating and use of data, and developing organisational directories for statutory and voluntary groups in your area, proportionate to local diversity demographics.
Sample training sessionEquality and Diversity within the Customer Services Environment
Capacity 10-18. Duration 1 day; 0930-1600hrs.
Equality and Diversity within the Customer Services environment is a training programme specifically designed for front line customer facing staff within Local Authority, Housing, Hospitality, Leisure, and Travel and Tourism sectors. It will enable staff to welcome customers with confidence and a refreshed attitude, irrespective of their race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion or belief.
The organisation benefits because
- Customer satisfaction is enhanced
- Customers are much less likely to resort to anti discrimination litigation
- Proven business case in diversity-positive organisations attracting additional customers from diverse backgrounds
- Increased staff awareness of discriminatory ‘barriers’ and how to remove them
Individuals will benefit from
- An understanding of the latest equality legislation and how it works in practice
- The importance of effective communication to identify discriminatory barriers
- Removal of the ‘fear factor’ often associated with equality legislation
The one day course is training room based, involving some group work but with an emphasis on open discussion and the sharing of experiences. The training is delivered by expert staff with experience in delivering equality and diversity workshops throughout the UK.
The day long, Equality and Diversity within the Customer Services Environment programme will cover the following areas:
What is equality and diversity?
- Exploring the core principles of equality legislation – what it means for your customers
- Implications of the Equality Act 2010
The nine protected characteristics, what do they mean?
Definitions, statistics and case scenarios on:
- Gender re-assignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion or Belief
- Sexual Orientation
The ‘Social Model’ of Disability and the positive impact it has on changing attitudes towards Disabled Customers
Learning from case law
- Examine and discuss recent cases of discrimination and decisions of the Court
Delegates will receive a certificate on completion of this course